The following is the Technical barriers to trade agreement manual From WTO recommended by recordtrend.com. And this article belongs to the classification: global economy , research report.
The WTO today released the Handbook of the agreement on technical barriers to trade (TBT), highlighting the ten key results of the latest annual review of TBT. This pamphlet outlines how WTO members implement the agreement.
The TBT agreement aims to ensure that technical regulations, standards and conformity assessment procedures are non discriminatory and will not cause unnecessary barriers to trade. At the same time, it recognizes the right of WTO members to implement measures to achieve legitimate policy objectives, such as protecting human health and safety and protecting the environment.
The manual focuses on the compliance of WTO members with the notification requirements of the agreement on technical barriers to trade and the trade concerns raised by the Committee on technical barriers to trade, which are often raised in response to the notifications in the agreement. Governments must, through the WTO Secretariat, inform other members of the proposed measures that may have a significant impact on the trade of other members and do not meet the relevant international standards.
The main results highlighted in the publication are:
1. More than 3000 notifications are submitted annually.
2. The number of notifications increases by more than 11% annually.
3. In 2020, East Africa submitted 26% of its notifications.
4. Half of WTO members submit notifications regularly.
5. On average, WTO members have 56 days to comment on most notifications.
6. Almost half of all notified regulations are related to the protection of health.
7. There are more than 12000 users of eping, the main tool used by WTO to disseminate TBT notice.
8. Trade concerns raised by WTO members have grown by an average of 26% a year.
9. The number of new trade concerns raised in 2020 is 57, a record.
10. About a third of WTO members will participate in the discussions on trade concerns in 2020.
If you want to get the full report, you can contact us by leaving us the comment. If you think the information here might be helpful to others, please actively share it. If you want others to see your attitude towards this report, please actively comment and discuss it. Please stay tuned to us, we will keep updating as much as possible to record future development trends.
RecordTrend.com is a website that focuses on future technologies, markets and user trends. We are responsible for collecting the latest research data, authority data, industry research and analysis reports. We are committed to becoming a data and report sharing platform for professionals and decision makers. We look forward to working with you to record the development trends of today’s economy, technology, industrial chain and business model.Welcome to follow, comment and bookmark us, and hope to share the future with you, and look forward to your success with our help.